Performancing Metrics

Monday, February 15, 2010

Product Pick

     Well, here we are again with another product pick for today.  This time we are going back to data storage, only much large.  This time we are covering the Western Digital My Passport series of portable hard drives.  These drives are small, very portable, and large; three very important things for the aspiring tech on the go.  They hold up well, and keep your date as safe as possible.  From my experience, they also have a very low failure rate, which leaves you confident that your data will be there when you need it.  Also, for those who are a little more fashion savvy, you can usually find them in an array of colors.
     Another important factor is their ease of use, and honestly, it doesn't come easier.  You just plug it in, it pops up as a drive on your computer, and then you can copy files and folders to anywhere you want on the drive.  Also, with the newer editions, they come preloaded with backup software for safely copying the contents of your computer with out have to hassle with moving everything yourself.  You just set it up and let it run. (Though I will honestly admit I have not had much experience with this feature, as I do not use it, so I don't know how easy it is to use.  I'll have to look into it.)
     All in all, I've been impressed with both of the Western Digital My Passports I've used, and I'm very glad they are as convenient as they are, because it has made having the space and files I need on the go some thing that is a realistic vision, and has made my job as a mobile tech much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment