Performancing Metrics

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pick your Friends, Pick your Nose, Pick your Product

    Disregard the title please, we are only picking products today.  Today's pick is the Cannon CanoScan LiDE 200.  Now, I know that the popularity of all-in-one printer/scanner/fax/copy are all the rage, but in my personal experience, they always lack the quality that stand-alone units can provide.  That's why when my last scanner crapped out, I went out and chose a scanner that ran all on its own. 
     With Cannon's LiDE200, I wasn't disappointed.  It takes beautiful scans with an amazingly high dpi(dots-per-inch).  But the feature that really one me over on this one, is that even with out the software that came with it, you can set the scanner's dpi by single dots an inch.  This is nice when you have picture or a piece of work that must be a certain size on screen, and it isn't that size on paper.  You can play around with it until you have the proper sizing.  Its wonderful.
     Also, another nice feature is that it doesn't have a power cord.  The scanner uses so little energy, that it runs itself off of the USB power connection in the USB cord.  It truly is a nice scanner, and has all the features I've ever needed.  So this one definitely wins 4½ stars.  Why only 4½ stars? Because it may be too good.  I've had problems when using another companies scanning software, the scanner scans so well that with some printed pages, it will actually begin to separate out the different colors used by the printer to make the colors on the page.  When using the bundled software, though, I don't see this problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment