Performancing Metrics

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Possible Alternative to Facebook

     I know it is a bad thing to get your heart set on an internet start up, but after reading an article in CPU magazine, and this article on MaximumPC.com, I'm starting to get a little bit excited about the prospects of the Diaspora project.
     The thing that excites me the most though is how well thought out the idea is though.  To make transition easier, the programmers of Diaspora haven't limited the system to just those using Diaspora.  Anyone can tie their current Facebook or MySpace or Linkdin page to their Diaspora node, and their friends on Diaspora can see all of their profile information.
     Though not quite to a public release yet, I'm hopeful.  This may be a system I can get behind.  If, after reading the article above you feel interested, head over to www.joindiaspora.com, and check out the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment