Performancing Metrics

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Testing Browsers for Compatability

     I spent some time this afternoon testing out how compliant with HTML5 all of the current generation, and a few of the next generation, browsers are.  With all the focus on making computers web-centric, this is becoming more and more important.  Compliance to the HTML standards ensures that everyone using a site will have the same functionality and look appear on their screen.
     On that note, I'm sorely disappointed with the results I've gathered.  I'm seeing a lot of efforts to comply with HTML5, but none of the browsers are there yet.  But that isn't what really disappointed me.  It was the fact that there was so much discrepancy between operating systems using the same browser.
     Between the major three OSes, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome and widely varying results.

No comments:

Post a Comment