Performancing Metrics

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Adding Guest Bloggers.

     So, I'm posting today about something that took me a little bit of work to figure out, so I'm posting my own post about it.
     I was working on a new blog, Gamer's Top Hat, and I'm trying to get a couple of my friends access so they can co-blog with me.  Sounds simple right?  But I need to block access to this blog, for security reasons, so I can't let them just log into my account.  I've seen plenty of blogs do this, and when I was looking the other day, I couldn't really figure out how to do this with Blogger.  But, as Blogger is one of the two major blogging platforms for blogs, I knew there had to be a way.
     After digging through the help files in Google's Help section, I found an article on how to do it.  Even that seemed rather long winded though, so here is a visual guide.
     First, log in to your blogger account, then, click Settings:
     Then, click on Permissions:

     Next, you press the Add Authors button:

     You add the desired person's e-mail to the list, separating them with commas:

     Click the Invite button,

     Then just go ahead and wait for the author to respond.  That's about all it takes.  Hopefully this will be helpful to any of you bloggers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment