Performancing Metrics

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ubuntu 10.4 Update

     So, now that it has been about two months, I decided it would be a good idea to revisit Ubuntu 10.4 after all the glitter and glamor have worn off, and I've really had a chance to get to know the rogue operating system.   And I still stand by my previous review.
     I'm still learning the ins and outs, but over all, my experience with Ubuntu 10.4 is solid, and I find myself actually wanting to use it over Windows and Mac.  At least casually.  Which is where I find myself in a strange predicament.  I still use Windows for my web development, and for programming, and for gaming, and for video encoding, and for... well, you get the picture.  But when I want to go and just surf the net, or check my e-mail, or update my blog, or listen to music, or do just about anything the casual computer user really does(even time-waster gaming), I find myself using Ubuntu instead.
     So, I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but I seem to have become a closet-casual Linux user.  And I'm happy about this.
     So, along with this change, I'm now testing out software that is compatible across at least Windows and Ubuntu, with easy .exe and .deb installers that people with no background in computers can use.  I want to really explore and find out if this casual Linux use can really change the way I use computers, and, at least personally, if the penguin can win me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment