Performancing Metrics

Friday, January 22, 2010

Stagnanting on a Video Game

My wife and I started on this video game project about 4 years ago now, and I have a large amount of work already accumulated towards this thing, but I think I'm losing steam. Its been weeks since I've really done anything for it worth while. I'm still committed to it, but it seems I've lost the energy I once had for these things.
I don't know, maybe I'm just worried that nothing will ever become of it, despite the fact that I've put in so much time and effort. I mean, really, four years worth of development; programming, story line, music composition, artwork(lots of artwork), character development, and background research. I've tried to find help, but not many people are really devoted to a cause that doesn't pay right off the bat these days. Several friends have helped out, but I still don't have anything close to substantial.
I will post things here as I come up with them though. Updates in the progress, maybe even some concept images and spoilers as the thing progresses. Right now it has the tentative title of Epic. Its catchy, and has seemed to have stuck, but I'm still wondering if a name change is needed.
Well, that seems to be all that I have time for tonight, so I'll sit down and write some more tomorrow. Maybe I'll have something more substantial to talk about then.

No comments:

Post a Comment