Performancing Metrics

Friday, January 22, 2010

Musing on the state of advertising

     I've been thinking a lot on the state of advertising lately, what things people respond to, what things bring in more customers.  I've just recently signed up for googles adsense, and I'm hoping that this will help with generating revenue.  And that's what got me to thinking about how advertising works.  I'm thinking of sending out a digital flier to customers who have given me their e-mail, but I don't know how effective that will be until I have a domain of my own to use an e-mail from.  It won't have the far reaching effect I hope it will if all it appears as in their inbox is the name of some random persons e-mail.
     Also, I'm wondering what the effect my fliers will have in the community.  I'm going to have to majorly amp up the number of fliers I post, but I'm hoping that this cheap and old fashioned method will still be effective for something as small as me.  Only time will tell though.

No comments:

Post a Comment