Performancing Metrics

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Product Pick: QR Code Reader

So, I'm not going to waste a lot of time here, because there is definitely a lot of time to waste.  There are so many QR code readers out there, and all of them seem to think you need this amazing plethora of features you will never use.  That in mind, my pick automatically goes to Google Goggles.

This lightweight and easy to use QR reader is the fastest I've seen.  I tried it out against the Best Buy product reader app, and QR Droid, the two previous android readers I used, and neither could hold a candle to it.  Its just amazingly fast.  Which is great when you're trying to read a QR code on the fly.

Also, the Google Goggles app has an added feature that actually made my reader experience more secure.  From what I've read, there is only one other major market reader that has this feature, but Goggles actually previews what the web address is that you are being taken to, so you can actually check it out and make sure it isn't some seed place that will infect your phone with malware

So overall, the Google Goggles app gets a five fruit rating, because it was an amazing improvement over the garbage I had to suffer through before.

No comments:

Post a Comment