Performancing Metrics

Friday, April 8, 2011

Ah, High-End Equipment

     I told you yesterday that I had a really great product review coming up, and boy is this thing awesome.   Though I will tell you now it is not for the faint of heart, the price tag is something most would choke on.  Today's product pick is the D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router.  And let me tell you, if you want a router that does it all, this thing does it all.
     Equipped with four gigabit network ports, full 300mbs wireless N, the ability to add a hard drive for internal storage, display port for viewing photos and network stats, and date and time functions, about the only thing this router doesn't do is play your music.
      And its performance isn't too shabby, either.  As of this writing, I don't have a hard drive installed to test with yet, but all other stats are top notch.  This thing sings.
     Though, as a router, I really don't have much else to say on the matter, it handles my data, well, and that is the most important characteristic of any router.  The D-Link Xtreme N Storage Router gets a solid 5 out of 5 fruit, and is our pick for a high-end home router, if it isn't a bit overkill.  So, until next time, catch you on the flip-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment