Performancing Metrics

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

You'll Be Missed, Brian Woods

     I know that I'm posting this late to be breaking news, but that isn't the point of this post.  This post is something of a memorial.
     I'll be honest, until my wife read me the article on today.com, I would never have known who Brian Woods was.  Now I do, and I'm sorry he's gone.
     Brian Woods was only 33, a married man, and an expectant father.  He was also the lead designer at game house Relic Entertainment.  If what I've read has any truth, he and I have a lot in common.  But the attributes I hope to share the most are love and bravery.
     Why, do you ask?  Because in Brian Woods final moments, that is what he exemplified.  Dieing in a car crash, he had the presence of mind and heroic heart to turn the vehicle he was driving just right so that his life was taken, and the lives of his wife and unborn child were saved.  As an expectant father, I can certainly relate to those feelings I'm sure he felt in those final moments, and I can only hope I would be so good as to do what he did in those same circumstances.
     To his family, my condolences, for I know he will be missed, and to Brian, farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment