Performancing Metrics

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Giving Up Facebook

I just got a message today from an old friend via Facebook.  He said he was quiting Facebook and gave me his phone number and email.  I called and talked with him for a while, and brought up the subject of why he was leaving the social network.  His response was simple enough, he'd had enough, of the privacy issues and drama, not something new to gripe about in the world of blue and white.  What did hit me was how easy it was for him.  He had no problem with it at all, just left, no questions asked.

Which seems complete anti-thesis to idea that social networking is becoming an essential part of our culture.  I began to realize that as far as personally and business wise, I could drop Facebook, too, and never really give it a second thought.  I don't really use it all that much.  So, think about that to yourself, how important is a social network to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment