Performancing Metrics

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Klout

I found out about a new service the other day that I'm still not sure about.  Just like FourSquare and its potential for violating privacy, Klout.com has a potential to really piss people off.

The idea of Klout.com is that everyone has clout within their community, and this should be recognized with in the online community as well.  They give you a score between 0 and 100, and award you with little things as you accomplish goals.

Honestly, its all starting to sound a little formulaic to me.  Its the same concept as Four Square, just on line.  Log in and make sure everyone knows you're the resident expert at what you talk about.

I'm giving the service a try, but if in a couple of months, I don't get some positive feedback for my actions, I'm probably deleting my profile(which you have to do even if you haven't signed up and don't want Klout to give you a score).  So, I'll be back in a couple of months to review, and that will be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment