Performancing Metrics

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Looking For Input

     So, I'm looking to get an intro animation designed for anything that comes out of Digital Fruit Productions.  I was originally thinking of something akin to the Paramount stars.  You know the ones.  They start out large and up-close and then whoosh to the back to arc over the mountain.
     But then I got to thinking about why production companies put those animations in front of everything they make.  Its because it causes a unifying factor.  People associate those intros with quality.  You see the Paramount mountain, you know that this movie was seriously made.  The Tristar pegasus.  The Disney Cinderella castle.  All of these are uniquely associated with the companies that put out high quality visual productions.  That is what I plan to do as well.
     So, back to the title of the post.  After thinking this over, I decided that I needed something that would stand out a little more than my original idea.  So, I thought and thought and I think I may now have a winner.  Plain and simple, the animation would consist of a blank screen, black, gray, or maybe light blue, and then with a cartoonish dropping sound, the digital fruit logo would hit like a falling man-hole cover, clanging and spinning till it came to an abrupt stop.
     Now here is where all of you come in.  I need feed back as to whether you can visualize this description, and whether or not it would leave a lasting impression in your imagination.  So, please, if you read this post, leave a comment, and help out your favorite digital media company.

No comments:

Post a Comment