Performancing Metrics

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Putting Out Ideas For Business Plans

     I know at this point that my customer base is small, and that the viewership on this blog is smaller, but I've decided go out on a limb and try to get feed back from customers.  I'm trying to best find a way to combat the eventuality of inflation.  I don't want to have to suddenly increase my prices and drive away customers.
     So, as I was thinking about this today, I figured that I would try just raising the prices of all tech services by a dollar a year.  Just one dollar.  Enough to start making a difference in income, but not enough that it will bother customers.
     I realize that this idea may need adjustment, which is why I'm asking for the input of Digital Fruits customers and concerned parties.  So, if you have any ideas, post some comments.  Ideas are always welcome.

3 comments:

  1. when marketing a product you need to keep in mind that there are natural price points that people tend to follow. Pricing in stores always goes along the line of 9.99 or 9.95 instead of 10 dollars. 49.99 or 49.95 instead of 50 dollars... 99.95... and the like. This is a tested and proven plan of pricing that has endured time. You may want to consider this when putting out pricing models.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what your mom does at the shop....price increases are as inevitable as taxes and death, you have to increase your prices...and a dollar a year is not enough to dissuade your current customers.....good idea

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's a good Idea, but at the same time, people understand inflation. I think as long as you can beat the going rate, you will always have customers.

    ReplyDelete